I’ve worked in arts PR, both freelance and for various organisations, on and off since 2004. I offer everything from straightforward press/publicity management to social media training.
PR Campaigns & Clients
- Solas Festival Press Manager for a joyous festival of music, performance and ideas, at midsummer.
- Collect Scotland, a collective of Scottish textile designers
- Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival: Communications and PR consultant for a vitally important, Scotland-wide festival challenging stigma around mental health.
- The Fog of Srebrenica PMD for this stunning documentary about one of the worst atrocities in recent times.
- Scottish Documentary Institute
- Glasgow Film Festival Press Manager for one of the UK’s biggest film festivals from 2012-2016.
- Bloody Scotland Press Manager for Scotland’s goriest crime writing festival. 2014-2016.
- The Edinburgh Mela Press & Marketing Manager 2012-14 for the ever-larger celebration of global arts on Leith Links
- Ankur Productions, the Olivier Award-winning company behind Roadkill.
- Barrowland Ballet, a brilliant Glasgow-based dance company.
- Scottish Ensemble, another of Scotland’s leading chamber music groups.
- Vault, a fair for Glasgow’s contemporary art scene.
- Roofless, a large, ambitious outdoor arts programme.
- The Inventors of Tradition, an exhibition and book on the history of the Scottish textiles industry
- Scotland Can Make It, a major new Creative Scotland-funded competition open to Scottish artists and creatives.
- The Work Room, Scotland’s atelier space for independent dance artists.
- Hebrides Ensemble, one of Scotland’s leading chamber music groups
- The Merchant City collective, a group of small businesses operating out of Glasgow’s cultural quarter.
- The Moira Monologues, novelist and playwright Alan Bissett’s ‘one-woman’ show.
- The Arches, one of Europe’s leading arts venues, much missed.
I write arts features and the occasional review for various publications, including The Scotsman, Scotland on Sunday, The Independent, The List, The Herald and Sunday Herald.
In 2007 and 2011, I won the Allen Wright Award for Excellence in Arts Journalism. In 2007, 2008 & 2010 I was nominated for Feature Writer of the Year at the PPA Scottish Magazine Awards.