As well as writing novels and creative work, I am a journalist and PR specialist. Find out more about my PR or Journalism work or, if you’re interested in working together, contact me.
I’ve worked in arts PR, both freelance and for various organisations, on and off since 2004. I offer everything from straightforward press/publicity management to social media training.
PR Campaigns & Clients
- Solas Festival Press Manager for a joyous festival of music, performance and ideas, at midsummer.
- Collect Scotland, a collective of Scottish textile designers
- Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival: Communications and PR consultant for a vitally important, Scotland-wide festival challenging stigma around mental health.
- The Fog of Srebrenica PMD for this stunning documentary about one of the worst atrocities in recent times.
- Scottish Documentary Institute
- Glasgow Film Festival Press Manager for one of the UK’s biggest film festivals from 2012-2016.
- Bloody Scotland Press Manager for Scotland’s goriest crime writing festival. 2014-2016.
- The Edinburgh Mela Press & Marketing Manager 2012-14 for the ever-larger celebration of global arts on Leith Links
- Ankur Productions, the Olivier Award-winning company behind Roadkill.
- Barrowland Ballet, a brilliant Glasgow-based dance company.
- Scottish Ensemble, another of Scotland’s leading chamber music groups.
- Vault, a fair for Glasgow’s contemporary art scene.
- Roofless, a large, ambitious outdoor arts programme.
- The Inventors of Tradition, an exhibition and book on the history of the Scottish textiles industry
- Scotland Can Make It, a major new Creative Scotland-funded competition open to Scottish artists and creatives.
- The Work Room, Scotland’s atelier space for independent dance artists.
- Hebrides Ensemble, one of Scotland’s leading chamber music groups
- The Merchant City collective, a group of small businesses operating out of Glasgow’s cultural quarter.
- The Moira Monologues, novelist and playwright Alan Bissett’s ‘one-woman’ show.
- The Arches, one of Europe’s leading arts venues, much missed.
I write arts features and the occasional review for various publications, including The Scotsman, Scotland on Sunday, The Independent, The List, The Herald and Sunday Herald.
Have a read of all of the articles I wrote in my four years as Assistant Editor at The List or browse a few of my favourite features.
In 2007 and 2011, I won the Allen Wright Award for Excellence in Arts Journalism. In 2007, 2008 & 2010 I was nominated for Feature Writer of the Year at the PPA Scottish Magazine Awards.